Dimensions of Yoga:
6 weeks home study and practice
- A systematic introduction to the Satyananda tradition of yoga. No previous knowledge required.
- It works whether you are new to yoga or rebuilding your personal practice.
- Explore the fundamentals of the tradition with the full support of experienced teachers.
- An emphasis on supporting the development of regular practice.
- Three live video classes each week.
- Tutorials and short talks explaining key practices and concepts.
- Learning support website with extensive documentation, audio and video files for use in your practice.
10 hrs per week
A sure and steady way to grow our capabilities and resilience is to immerse ourselves in the journey of yoga. Be present, undertake simple practices regularly, and step forward from there.
Simple yoga practices done regularly make us capable and resilient
This course is an introduction to one of the most complete and comprehensive systems of yoga in the world.
There is much to yoga than the relief of our troubles but it is a very good place to start. We may wish to become healthier, or overcome our stresses and suffering. We may start with our own personal angle on these needs. With regular application, intention becomes a pattern of practice, and, ultimately, practice becomes experience.
This system begins very gently, not by pushing and exerting and sweating, but by developing a holistic pattern of simple regular practice and conscious presence in daily life, Incrementally this builds in intensity. These foundations alter the balance towards greater self understanding and capacity to manage in life.
Class times are given below for your information. All classes are recorded and available through an online learning platform for later use. You don’t need to come to all the live classes, but come to as many as possible and supplement this with recordings and you will gain from direct feedback and more interactive engagement.
The practical classes consisting of asana, pranayama and meditation, are on:
4-5pm Thursdays: A talk about practice will be held each week
5-6pm Fridays or 4-5pm Sundays: Tutorials (where we discuss experiences and any questions that arose during the week)
Gain knowledge and skills in:
- Developing a regular personal yoga practice (sadhana)
- Key practices of the Satyananda tradition including pawanmuktasana and a range of other asanas (postures) including standing and balancing asanas
- Fundamental breathing practices for health and wellbeing (pranayama)
- Yoga Nidra
- Short meditations designed to fit into any busy life based on the key practices of the tradition
- Tools for developing a reflective engagement with daily life
- Introductory mantra chanting
Comprehensive Learning resources
The course is supported by:
- Ongoing email, text and phone support from an experienced teacher throughout the length of the course.
- 3 practical classes a week, two in the morning and one on Sunday evening.
- A comprehensive learning management website with a range of video, audio and written resources to view and or download.
- An original manual describing the practices, the systematic approach of the tradition, and key concepts to support regular practice and integration into every day life.
- A tutorial each week is an opportunity to meet and discuss yoga with other participants from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- A simple practice guide which can be tailored to your needs that aligns with the classes each week.
- Non academic in approach, it is up to you how much time you spend.
- Move at your own pace.