Essence of Meditation
A new series of four week practical courses on the primary skills needed for meditation, running throughout 2023.
$150 per course module.
- Essential aspects of yoga meditation systematically introduced in a practical and open way.
- A new approach to ancient practice – different to previous courses.
- No previous experience required, if you have experience, deepen your understanding.
- Explore in live sessions online with extended access to quality video recordings.
- Program designed to fit in amongst the flow of a busy life.
- As well as meditation the course contains Yoga asana, pranayama, weekly yoga nidra, and short talks and topics for refection.
- Course is built around an early Saturday morning practical class with extended meditation. Additional sessions throughout the week are optional but will enhance the experience.
Recordings of live sessions are available for three months. Short talks may be attended live but are designed to be used as reference recordings on the topics of the week and directly related to the main practical class on Saturday mornings.
Courses in the Essence of meditation series, topics and dates, listed below:
They may be taken in any order
Sat Feb 4 – Wed Mar 1
Course 1: Essence of Meditation – Body
This course runs for four weeks from the beginning of February. The physical body will be the object of meditation. It will feature an extended exploration of the meditation practice known as Kaya Sthairyam (body stillness). The body as the object of meditation will be looked at in every aspect of yoga, including in asana, pranayama and daily life. A new angle on an ancient practice. $150
Sat Jun 10 – Wed Jul 4
Course 2: Essence of Meditation – Breath
This course runs for four weeks from the beginning of June. The breath will be the object of meditation. It will feature the essence of the the meditation practice known as Ajapajapa (spontaneous repetition of mantra with breath). The breath as the object of meditation will be looked at in every aspect of yoga, including in asana, pranayama and daily life. $150
SENSES & MIND
Sat Sep 30 – Wed Oct 25
Course 3: Essence of Meditation – Senses
This course runs for four weeks from the beginning of October. It will feature the meditation practice known as Antar Mouna (inner silence). Sensory experience as the object of meditation will be looked at in every aspect of yoga, including in asana, pranayama and daily life. $150
all times AEDT
Saturday 7-8.30am – ESSENCE OF MEDITATION CLASS – Practical class including asana, pranayama and meditation with a focus on meditative experience, essential to attend live most weeks.
Saturday 11- 11.30am – SHORT TALK on the topic, live, also recorded for viewing at your convenience.
Additional classes available at no extra charge while you are attending this course
Saturday 4-5pm – OPEN DISCUSSION, open to all Sharing and Learning Yoga students, question and answer, sharing of perspectives.
Sunday 7-8.30am CLASS, linked to the theme, optional
Sunday 11.30-12pm – YOGA NIDRA, live, recorded for practicing at your convenience.
Wednesday 6.30-7.45pm – CLASS, linked to the theme, optional