Chapters 1 to 6 of Bhagavad Gita
Commencing Jan 2025
followed by 10 weeks online
5 hrs per week
“Having abandoned attachment to the fruit of the action, ever content, depending on nothing, they don’t do anything though engaged in activity.”
Chap 4 verse 20
“Get rid of the excess baggage, leave the undesirable, carry forward the desirable – the strengths and qualities which uplift you and which have promise.”Sw Niranjanananda Saraswati
Equanimity and Karma Yoga
How to act with evenness of mind when faced with life’s difficulties.
This course covers the first six chapters of the Bhagavad Gita with a particular focus on the different aspects of karma yoga and how to live and succeed in difficult circumstances.
This course provides a comprehensive but light three month program of sadhana (personal exploration and development) that builds a bridge between this ancient wisdom and practical immersion in the beauty and benefits of yoga in life.
- A full original manual with commentary closely follows chapter 1 to 6 of Gita with additional reading on Karma Yoga related topics
- Learning management website: audio, video and learning resources
- Daily verses for reflection from Bhagavad Gita, with a related task to explore in daily life
- Live lectures (recorded for flexible viewing) each week
- Weekly tutorials with participants from around the world.
- Weekly practical classes
- A simple sadhana of asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation and mantra is provided
- Ongoing email, text and phone support from an experienced teacher throughout the length of the course
- Non academic in approach, it is up to you how much time you spend.
- Bring the ideas and practices into every day life. You do what you do in life, with an added layer of reflection and awareness.
- Flexible options with live and/or recorded access to materials.
- 5 hours per week
Karma Yoga weekly Typical timetable
All times AEDT
Monday 6.30-8pm Practical Yoga class
Tuesday 5-6pm Lecture
Sunday 5-6pm Tutorial
All classes delivered live and then also available as a video recording for viewing at your convenience. Tutorial is live only.
Meditative Wednesday class 7-8.05am
Simple Sunday class 7-8.30am
Sunday Yoga Nidra 11.30-12pm
Weekly discussion (all courses) 4-5pm Saturday