Jnana Yoga and
6 weeks from Monday 2 October 2023
reflective investigation & practice
Chapter 13 to 15 of Bhagavad Gita
Jnana Yoga is a sadhana for cutting through to the simple and true. It is a way of discerning what is essential, (viveka). It involves perceiving one’s self, others, and place in the universe, with harmony and balance (related to vairagya and samatwam).
Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Hatha, and Raja Yoga aren’t diminished in Jnana Yoga, on the contrary, each of these dimensions of yoga plays a significant role on this spiritual journey. These three chapters from Bhagavad Gita support a continuation of the unfolding beauty. The Bhakti doesn’t stop with chapter 12.
Jnana Yoga is a kind of cure for those who overburden themselves with thoughts and seek to solve everything with their minds. In certain periods of our life this could describe us all. An experience of clarity replaces confusion and understanding replaces a desperate search for meaning. Instead of being entangled in life, learn to tread lightly. Like all yoga sadhanas, Jnana Yoga begins simply, where we are, and with the quest for self-understanding. Step by step, a journey begins, becoming a practice, a sadhana, a lifestyle, and then, each moment becomes an experience to be immersed in.
Experience truth, bliss and awareness, beyond the light of the sun, beyond the light of the moon, yet it is also the flame that dwells in the hearts of all.
- A full original manual with commentary closely follows chapter 13 to 15 of Gita with additional reading on Jnana Yoga related topics
- Learning management website: audio, video and learning resources.
- Daily verses for reflection from Bhagavad Gita, with a related task to explore in daily life
- Live/recorded lectures each week
- Weekly tutorials with participants from around the world.
- Weekly practical classes.
- A simple sadhana of asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, meditation and mantra is provided.
- Ongoing email, text and phone support from an experienced teacher throughout the length of the course.
- Non academic in approach, it is up to you how much time you spend.
- Flexible options with live and/or recorded access to materials.