Vitality and Resilience
yoga asana, pranayama and meditation
6 weeks supported, structured program
next intake 2023
A sure and steady way to grow our capabilities and resilience is to immerse ourselves in the journey of yoga. Be present, undertake simple practices regularly, and step forward from there.
You don’t need to come to all the live classes, but come regularly and supplement this with recordings.
All Classes are given live but are recorded on video and audio and available through a learning website for later use.
The practical classes consisting of asana, pranayama and meditation, are on:
8-8.30am Saturday – Tutorial
11.30am -12pm Sunday Yoga Nidra
Comprehensive Learning resources
The course is supported by:
- Ongoing email, text and phone support from experienced teachers throughout the length of the course.
- 3 live zoom practical classes a week (yoga asana, pranayama and meditation), see timetable above, plus a yoga nidra.
- A learning website with a range of video, audio and written resources to view and or download.
- An original manual describing the practices, the systematic approach of the tradition, and key concepts to support regular practice and integration into every day life.
- A tutorial each week is an opportunity to meet and discuss yoga with other participants from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- A simple practice guide that aligns with the classes each week.
- Non academic in approach, it is up to you how much time you spend.
- Move at your own pace.
Simple yoga practices done regularly make us capable and resilient
This course is based on one of the most complete and comprehensive systems of yoga in the world.
There is much more to yoga than the relief of our troubles but it is a very good place to start. We may wish to become healthier, or overcome our stresses and suffering. We may start with our own personal angle on these needs. With regular application, intention becomes a pattern of practice, and, ultimately, practice becomes experience.
This system begins very gently, not by pushing and exerting and sweating, but by developing a holistic pattern of simple regular practice and conscious presence in daily life, incrementally, this builds in intensity. These foundations alter the balance towards greater self understanding and capacity to manage in life.
Learn practices and skills that will be useful throughout your life.
About the course
- Yoga for health and wellbeing and managing life’s challenges. No previous knowledge required.
- It works whether you are new to yoga or rebuilding your personal practice.
- Explore the essence of the tradition with the full support of experienced teachers.
- An emphasis on supporting the development of regular practice.
- Four live zoom classes each week. Also available as video or audio recordings.
- Tutorials provide opportunities to discuss key practices and share discoveries and are a popular part of these courses.
- Learning website with plentiful resources, audio and video files for use in your practice.
Four hours of practice is provided each week. Attend two classes a week to make the most of the course. If you have more time available the opportunity is there to explore more deeply.
Gain knowledge and skills in:
- Developing a regular personal yoga practice (sadhana)
- Key practices of the Satyananda tradition including pawanmuktasana and a range of other asanas (postures) including standing and balancing asanas
- Fundamental breathing practices for health and wellbeing (pranayama)
- Yoga Nidra
- Short meditations designed to fit into any busy life based on the key practices of the tradition
- Tools for developing a reflective engagement with daily life
- Introductory mantra chanting