A new series of six week practical courses developing skills in meditation, building on skills taught in the Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga and Gita courses, will be running throughout 2023.
$200 per course module.
- Available to participants who have completed at least one twelve week yoga course with us or who can demonstrate appropriate experience. Entry by application.
- Course is built around an early Saturday morning practical class (1hr30min) with extended meditation. Additional sessions throughout the week are optional but they will enhance the experience.
- Explore in live sessions online with extended access to quality video recordings.
- Program designed to fit in amongst the flow of a busy life.
- As well as meditation the course contains more challenging asana, pranayama, more advanced practices such as bandhas and mudras and weekly yoga nidra, and weekly topics for refection.
- These courses are automatically included in Community Plus Membership.
Recordings of live sessions are available for three months. Short talks may be attended live but are designed to be used as reference recordings on the topics of the week and directly related to the main practical class on Saturday mornings.
Weekly timetable below
Courses in the Advanced meditation series, topics and dates, listed below:
They may be taken in any order. Starting with the first course is recommended.
Sat Mar 11 – Wed Apr 19
CLICK TO LEARN MORE
Imbalances at the level of the chakras may be transformed, harmonised and balanced through a period of focused integrated sadhana. A series of six Chakra based yoga classes will each conclude with incrementally developed Chakra Shuddhi meditation. This systematic purification is a means to prepare for greater depth and clarity in meditation and in life. Builds on practices introduced in the Hatha Yoga course.
A unique approach to the subject. $200
PROGRESSIVE AJAPAJAPA 1
Sat Jul 15 – Wed Aug 23
This course runs for six weeks from middle of July. It builds on the experience of Ajapajapa covered during the 12 week courses, systematically and progressively through new stages of the practice. Builds on Chakra Shuddhi course. $200
PROGRESSIVE AJAPAJAPA 2
Sat Oct 28 – Wed Dec 2
This course runs for six weeks from end of October. It builds on the experience of Ajapajapa covered during the 12 week courses, systematically and progressively through new stages of the practice. Builds on Chakra Shuddhi and Progressive Ajapajapa 1 course. $200
All times AEDT
Saturday 7-8.30am – ADVANCED MEDITATION CLASS – Practical class with a focus on meditative experience, preferable to attend live most weeks, attending via recorded classes possible with prior discussion.
Saturday 11- 11.30am – SHORT TALK on the topic, live, also recorded for viewing at your convenience.
Additional classes available at no extra charge while you are attending this course
Saturday 4-5pm – OPEN DISCUSSION, open to all Sharing and Learning Yoga students, question and answer, sharing of perspectives.
Sunday 7-8.30am CLASS, linked to the theme, optional
Sunday 11.30-12pm – YOGA NIDRA, live, recorded for practicing at your convenience.
Meditative Wednesday 7-8.05am – CLASS, linked to the theme, optional